Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Is Barack Obama a Christian? Ask Bill Maher

Evangelist Franklin Graham is asked whether he thinks President Obama is a Christian and basically says he doesn't know.
"You have to ask President Obama" Graham said. "People have to ask Barack Obama. He's come out saying he's a Christian, so I think the question is, 'What is a Christian?'"
When Geist pressed the point, Graham repeated that Obama has said he was a Christian, "so I just have to assume that he is."
Graham recounted a story that Obama told him he started going to church as a young community organizer in Chicago because community members had insisted on it.
"I cannot answer [whether someone is a Christian] for anybody," Graham said. "All I know is I'm a sinner, and God has forgiven me of my sins because I put my faith and trust in Jesus Christ."
Graham seems to be getting a lot of flack for his measured opinion. A lot more than proud atheist Bill Maher got when he theorized that Barack Obama was flat-out lying about being Christian.

I wonder why?


UPDATE: In trashing Rick Santorum as a "small-town mullah," NYT columnist Maureen Dowd recently wrote that Graham "heinously doubted the president’s Christianity on 'Morning Joe.'"


This is what passes for high-minded outrage among big-town progressives. Their arrogance is a sight to behold.  An ugly one.



No comments:

Post a Comment