Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Christmas Story

So before 9 a.m. this morning I am on my way to pick up Jake Spencer for Christmas breakfast. The traffic was light but driving down Route 352 through Middletown I spotted a Media police car coming the other way at a pretty good clip. I immediately thought that it was too bad that on Christmas morning there was an emergency that required police attention. But as the car sped by I noticed the driver was wearing a Santa's hat. I took that to be a pretty good sign that whatever the emergency was it involved something Christmasy.

I called Mrs. Spencerblog to tell her about what I'd just seen and it put her in mind of something she herself had witnessed an hour earlier.

She'd gotten up early to take a client's dogs for a Christmas morning walk. In the woods she looked up to find a hawk looking down at her from a tree. They exchanged eye contact and a moment later the hawk took off.

"He was carrying a squirrel in his talon as he flew away," my wife said. "Ewwww!"

 "That's a nice story," I replied. "Was the squirrel wearing a Santa's hat?"

No comments:

Post a Comment