Saturday, October 22, 2011

Versace inspired jeans DIY

DIY jeans
white altered blouse (a diy in progress)

I've been dreaming about a micro studded cloth for a while but the idea of inserting each mini stud by hand was just unrealizable until I found these "beads in a bottle" (doesn't it sound like something came out from Wonderland?). It's a gummy product you can squeeze onto fabric and that makes a ball that looks like a bead.  I found my "micro studding machine"! I picked the metal colors series and I started "to stud" a pair of black jeans. The inspiration is Versace. I decorated them around the lateral seam with the greek fret then I added a spiral on the front.

Ho sempre desiderato possedere un abito decorato con mini borchie ma l'idea di applicarle manualmente una ad una era semplicemente non realizzabile fino a quando ho trovato una ragionevole alternativa: perline in bottiglia (dal nome sembra un oggetto proveniente dal paese delle meraviglie). E' un prodotto viscoso che può essere applicato sulla stoffa e forma una pallina dall'aspetto di una perlina: una perfetta "macchina borchiatrice"! Ho scelto il prodotto in colori metallici affinchè la perlina sembrasse una borchia. L'ispirazione è Versace, ho decorato i pantaloni con una greca intorno alla cucitura laterale e ho aggiunto dei decori sul davanti.




a life size view of the pattern I drew, the grid step is 1 cm wide
il disegno della greca, il quadretto è largo 1 cm
I drew the pattern onto the trousers with a chalk
ho disegnato la greca sul pantalone con un gessetto
the studding machine gun is armed
 la "borchiatrice" armata e carica
 the first studs
le prime borchie
the spiral: finished and dried
la spirale finita ed asciutta

If you want to decorate smaller areas rhinestuds are a good alternative to "beads in a bottle". They are small metallic studs that can be ironed onto the fabric, you can buy ready to use decorations or loose ones.

Se volete decorare aree più piccole le borchiette piatte sono una valida alternativa alle "perline in bottiglia" . Si incollano sulla stoffa stirandole e si possono acquistare in merceria interi decori già pronti o sfuse.

A special thanks to Beth Livesay and Stampington for sending me a bag full of these special beads for my fashion experiments. Visit Beth's blog: Couture over Coffee

Un ringraziamento particolare a Beth Livesay e a Stampington per avermi mandato un pacchetto pieno di "perline in bottiglia" per i miei esperimenti di moda. Visitate il blog di Beth: Couture over Coffee.

my stock of liquid beads, still plenty left for my future projects

No comments:

Post a Comment